The VS-2 FineHD 7” Field Monitor from Aputure provides a resolution of 1920 x 1200 and displays sharp images, clear text, and color reproduction regardless of shooting conditions. In its 7” display area, the monitor features 2.3 million pixels with a pixel density of 323 PPI. With 450 cd/m2 brightness and a 1200:1 contrast ratio for a crisp image, it features 160° horizontal and 160° vertical viewing angles. The HDMI, SD/HD component, and composite inputs can handle most video signals including UHD 30, 25, and 24 fps with the firmware 2.4 update. Built-in display functions include aspect ratio selection, center marker, monochrome display in gray, red, green, or blue, and H/V flip.
The VS-2 also features histogram, peaking, false color, zebra bars, and a volume bar display. With front panel mounted controls for power, input selection, and menu. You can display and adjust safe area guides as well as center marker, and the monitor’s flexible power options allow for powering via the coax connector or optional Sony F970, F550, and NP-FM500H type batteries. It incorporates a 1/4″-20 threaded mounting hole, and includes a ball joint accessory shoe mount and removable sun hood.
The downloadable firmware 2.4 provides improved functionality by allowing the monitor to support UHD at 30, 25, and 24 fps. If your monitor does not ship with firmware update 2.4 installed, you can download it yourself by visiting the Aputure website.
- VS-2 FineHD Monitor features 2.3 million pixels in its 7” display area
- Pixel density of 323 PPI (Pixels Per Inch) blends individual pixels to the point that the naked eye can’t define individual pixels
- With a resolution of 1920 x 1200, the VS-2 FineHD Monitor displays sharp images, clear text, and accurate color reproduction
Precise Focus Assist Functions
- Features built-in peaking and highlight focus assist functions with red, yellow, blue, and white colors
- Color modes make focusing and tracing the focus points in the image quick and easy
- The VS-2 is equipped with the necessary exposure control features including false color, histogram, and zebra to help you monitor, control, and maintain exposure levels regardless of shooting conditions
- Capturing true exposure data in your image, even under extremely bright sunny outdoor conditions, is quick, accurate, and reliable
Embedded Audio Monitoring
- Built-in audio check level meters in real-time are displayed on the monitor while viewing the image
- Audio meters are color-marked green, yellow and red to help identify clipping points and low recording levels
- This feature works only when the connected camera has an audio output