The Boya BY-WM4 PRO-K3 is a compact, entry-level wireless lavalier microphone system offering an easy-to-use, cost-effective, and all-inclusive solution for recording one subject to your iOS mobile device. The system delivers improved sound quality over the built-in mics on cameras and mobile devices to supply clear, intelligible speech for journalists, YouTube/Instagram creators, TikTok personalities, vloggers, and more.
The package includes an omnidirectional lavalier mic and bodypack transmitter with belt clip that allow your subject to move around hands-free in front of the camera for demonstrations, presentations, and performances. The ultracompact, dual-channel receiver offers a 200′ line-of-sight maximum operating range and mounts to the Lightning connection on your iPhone or compatible mobile device, which also provides it with power.
The 3.5mm jack on the receiver lets you plug in headphones for monitoring while you’re working on set. The transmitter is powered by two AAA batteries for up to 11.5 hours, and it’s pre-paired with the receiver at the factory—just power up, plug the receiver into your camera or phone, and you’re ready to go.
Easy-to-Use System with Lavalier Mic & Bodypack Transmitter
- The clip-on lavalier microphone features an omnidirectional pickup pattern that helps to deliver consistent audio levels even when the subject turns away form the mic.
- The mic plugs into the lightweight bodypack transmitter, which runs on two AAA batteries.
- An LED indicator on the unit shows power and low-battery level.
- Simply power up the receiver and transmitter to access reliable wireless audio functionality in an instant.
Ultracompact, Dual-Channel Receiver
- The lightweight, ultracompact receiver plugs directly into the Lightning port of your iPhone or iOS device.
- The receiver’s input gain can be adjusted to accommodate speakers at different volume levels.
- The receiver features a 3.5mm headphone jack for monitoring.
- For a two-person shoot, simply add another transmitter instead of buying a whole system. Since the BY-WM4 PRO RXD is a dual-channel receiver, it can simultaneously handle two TX4 Pro wireless transmitters (second transmitter available separately).
- Up to 8 systems can operate simultaneously in the same location, but each system should be separated by at least 16.5′ to avoid interference.
|Wireless Transmission||Digital 2.4 GHz|
|Included Transmitters||1 x Bodypack with Microphone|
|RF Frequency Band||2405 to 2478 MHz|
|RF Channel Scanning||Auto-Scan|
|Max Operating Range||196.9' / 60 m (Line of Sight)|
|Max Systems per Setup||8|
|Form Factor||Plug-In / USB Stick|
|Number of Audio Channels||2|
|Audio I/O||1 x 1/8" / 3.5 mm TRS Female Balanced Headphone Output|
|Frequency Response||35 Hz to 14 kHz|
|Word Clock I/O||None|
|Power Requirements||Bus Power (Lightning)|
|Display & Indicators||LED (Power, Sync)|
|Dimensions||3.2 x 1.2 x 0.5" / 82 x 30.7 x 12 mm|
|Weight||0.4 oz / 12 g|
|Form Factor||Bodypack with Microphone|
|RF Output Power||3 mW|
|Audio I/O||1 x 1/8" / 3.5 mm 3-Pin Female Input|
|Included Cable Connector||1/8" / 3.5 mm TRS|
|Approximate RF Sensitivity||-90 dB|
|Battery Type||2 x AAA|
|Approx. Battery Life||11.5 Hours|
|Display & Indicators||LED (Battery Status, Power, Sync)|
|Dimensions||1.8 x 2.8 x 1.4" / 45 x 70 x 35 mm|
|Weight||1.7 oz / 47 g|
|Output Connectors||1 x 1/8" / 3.5 mm 3-Pin Male|