Distinguished by its durability, the yellow Fujifilm FinePix XP130 is a rugged compact camera featuring a well-connected interface and versatile imaging capabilities. Revolving around a 16.4MP CMOS sensor, this camera can record high-resolution stills at up to 10 fps and Full HD 1080p video, and the sensor’s back-illuminated design maintains smooth, low noise image quality when working in difficult lighting conditions. Complementing the imaging assets is a Fujinon 5x optical zoom lens that covers a 28-140mm equivalent focal length range for working in a variety of scenarios, and optical image stabilization minimizes the appearance of camera shake for sharper handheld shooting. As a waterproof, shockproof, freeze-proof, and dust-sealed camera, it is well-suited for nearly any adventure, ranging from snorkeling trips to mountain ascensions, or even just for day-trips to the pool.
Complementing the imaging attributes, the XP130 is also a well-connected camera with the addition of Bluetooth LE for fast and automatic wireless image transferring between the camera a mobile device. This connectivity, along with Wi-Fi, too, also permits geotagging imagery and syncing time and date using information from your connected smartphone or tablet. Rounding out the XP130’s feature-set is an intuitive physical design that incorporates a 3.0″ 920k-dot LCD monitor for clear viewing and image review, and all of the essential camera controls have been placed on the right side of the camera body for intuitive one-handed control.
Tough and Rugged Design
The XP130 is characterized by its durable, weather-proof design to enables its use in harsh conditions:
- Waterproof to 65.6′ / 20m
- Shockproof from 5.8′ / 1.8m
- Freeze-proof to 14°F / -10°C
16.4MP CMOS Sensor
Featuring a 16.4MP CMOS sensor, the XP130 can produce high-resolution still images and Full HD 1080p videos at 60 fps, and the sensor’s back-illuminated design maintains a smooth image quality with low noise when working in low-light conditions.
Fujinon 5x Optical Zoom Lens
The built-in Fujinon zoom lens covers a wide-angle to telephoto 28-140mm equivalent focal length range to suit working in a broad array of shooting conditions. This 5x optical zoom can be effectively doubled, to 10x, using Intelligent Digital Zoom, and optical image stabilization balances this reach by minimizing the appearance of camera shake for sharper handheld shooting.
Built-In Bluetooth and Wi-Fi Connectivity
Built-in Bluetooth LE (low energy) allows you to automatically and quickly transfer your imagery directly to a smartphone or tablet for sharing. This connectivity affords easy pairing between devices and can also be used for geotagging your imagery by embedding your device’s time and location data within each file. Additionally, Wi-Fi can also be used for image transferring and enables remote shooting and camera control from your linked mobile device via the Fujifilm Camera Remote app.
Other Camera Features
- The rear 3.0″ 920k-dot LCD monitor features an anti-reflective coating to enhance visibility when working in bright conditions.
- The sleek body design places all the rear controls on the right side for easier one-handed operation.
- A double-lock mechanism ensures security to the camera when working in trying conditions.
- Double Exposure mode lets you combine two separate exposures into a single image to produce a unique, artistic effect.
- An Electronic Level can be used to check and ensure the horizons in your images remain perfectly level.
- Unique Cinemagraph mode produces still imagery with select moving elements.
- Dedicated Underwater and Underwater Macro modes help to maintain a realistic color balance when shooting underwater.
- Interval Timer shooting permits taking successive photos at predetermined intervals for creating time-lapse imagery.
- Time-Lapse Movie feature will automatically turn interval timer image sequences into a movie clip showing the passing of time. The movie speed can be altered by selecting the video frame rate from 10, 30, and 60 fps, with multiple video sizes including Full-HD.
- A Wind Filter setting helps to reduce the noise caused by wind when recording video outdoors.
- Scene Recognition Mode optimizes the exposure settings based on recognized scene types.
- Motion Panorama 360 allows you to record expansive views up to 360° wide in a seamless, sweeping manner.
- Eleven different creative filters are available for still photos, and seven for video, for applying unique effects to your imagery in-camera.
|Pixels||Actual: 16.76 Megapixel Effective: 16.4 Megapixel|
|Maximum Resolution||4608 x 3456|
|Aspect Ratio||1:1, 3:2, 4:3, 16:9|
|Image File Format||JPEG|
|Focal Length||5 to 25mm (35mm Equivalent Focal Length: 28 to 140mm)|
|Digital Zoom||2x Optimized (10x Combined Zoom)|
|Maximum Aperture||f/3.9 to 4.9|
|Minimum Aperture||f/6.2 to 8|
|Focus Range||Normal 1.97' to Infinity / 60 cm to Infinity (Wide) 3.28' to Infinity / 1 m to Infinity (Telephoto) Macro 3.54" to 6.56' / 9 cm to 2 m (Wide) 3.28' to 9.84' / 1 m to 3 m (Telephoto)|
|Optical Design||13 Elements in 11 Groups|
|ISO Sensitivity||Auto, 100 to 3200 (Extended: 100 to 6400)|
|Shutter Speed||1/2000 to 4 Seconds 1/2000 to 4 Seconds in Auto Mode|
|Metering Method||TTL 256-Zones|
|Exposure Compensation||-2 to +2 EV (1/3 EV Steps)|
|White Balance||Automatic Scene Recognition, Fine, Fluorescent (Cool White), Fluorescent (Daylight), Fluorescent (Warm White), Incandescent, Shade, Underwater|
|Continuous Shooting||Up to 10 fps at 16.4 MP for up to 10 Exposures (JPEG) Up to 10 fps at 3.1 MP for up to 20 Exposures (JPEG) Up to 3 fps at 3.1 MP for up to 40 Exposures (JPEG) Up to 60 fps at 2.1 MP for up to 70 Exposures (JPEG)|
|Special Options||Beach, Handheld Night, Landscape, Party/Indoor, Portrait, Snow, Sports, Sunset|
|Recording Modes||MOV/H.264 Full HD (1920 x 1080) at 29.97p/59.94p HD (1280 x 720) at 59.94p SD (640 x 480) at 29.97p|
|Recording Limit||Up to 29 Minutes|
|Audio Recording||Built-In Microphone (Mono)|
|Audio File Format||Linear PCM (Mono)|
|Monitor Resolution||920,000 Dot|
|Monitor Type||Fixed LCD|
|Flash Modes||Auto, Auto/Red-Eye Reduction, Forced On, Forced On/Red-Eye Reduction, Slow Sync, Suppressed Flash, Suppressed Flash/Red-Eye Reduction|
|Effective Flash Range||ISO Auto 2.3 to 14.4' / 0.7 to 4.4 m (Wide) 3.3 to 12.5' / 1 to 3.8 m (Telephoto) 1.0 to 6.6' / 0.3 to 2 m (Wide - Macro Mode) 3.3 to 9.8' / 1 to 3 m (Telephoto - Macro Mode)|
|External Flash Connection||None|
|Memory Card Slot||1 x SD/SDHC/SDXC|
|Internal Memory||96 MB|
|Connectivity||HDMI D (Micro), USB 2.0, USB 2.0 Micro-B|
|Waterproof||65.6' / 20 m|
|Shockproof||5.8' / 1.8 m|
|Operating Temperature||14 to 104°F / -10 to 40°C|
|Operating Humidity||10 to 80%|
|Battery||1 x NP-45S Rechargeable Lithium-Ion, 3.7 VDC, 740 mAh|
|Dimensions (W x H x D)||4.1 x 2.6 x 1" / 104.1 x 66 x 25.4 mm|
|Weight||5.8 oz / 164.4 g (Body Only)|